5 ways to turn your studio into a one-bedroom apartment
The lack of the personal space is the main problem of the happy owner of the studio apartment. Studios are the best option for a single person or a couple, but what if the family grows and at this very moment there is no opportunity for moving home. However, you can separate one room into few smaller so each member of the family has his own place.
Actually, it is easier to redesign an apartment in the newly built development, due to the bigger floor area and open floor plan. Thus, a studio apartment effortlessly turns into a one-bedroom apartment.
Glass sliding doors and walls
They will help you to divide the space without making the interior bulky and visually cramped. You can separate the sleeping area and hide the bed behind them. The glass used in this construction can be transparent, frosted or even with different prints on it – all depends on your preferences and budget. Use also the light net curtains to isolate the bed from the rest of the room.
- The simplicity of design and implementation. You only need to install guides and choose the doors and partitions.
- Minimal loss of space. The glass does not use much of place.
- The bedroom will remain light and airy.
- The price depends on the type of door leaf construction, fittings, and the decorative items.
- Thin partitions will cost less. However, they are less practical.
- The solution is not suitable for families with small children or pets (e.g. big dog), because they may break the glass while playing and get hurt.
Partitions and screens made of drywall boards
Drywall board is a strong, lightweight and easy to work with building material. The construction may be installed just in a few hours. It is not necessarily to make it floor-to-ceiling. You can cut a variety of openings in it, where you may put flowers, books or decorative items. This will make such a partition functional and ‘airy’.
- The low cost of drywall and accompanying fittings;
- Easy to work with;
- Flexible design;
- The strength of construction.
- Strong construction takes more space;
- Doesn’t withstand intense mechanical impact;
- Should be additionally waterproofed.
Simple and quick way to visually divide one room into two is to place cabinets and bookshelves not along the walls, but in the middle of the room. You can hide a bed behind a wide, modern compartment wardrobe. A spacious sofa will visually separate the space from the living room. You may also arrange your work area behind the bookshelves.
- Not always the ready-made and standard furniture will fit into your new design. So, you will have to spend the budget on the new custom-made one.
You can visually separate the kitchen or living room with lifting or lowering the floor level.
- The room will look very stylish and useful space won’t get lost.
- This method will not bring you the feel of the privacy.
- The price of construction work and materials is relatively high.
Adding a mezzanine
This variant is the most expensive and suits best for the apartments with high ceilings. Mezzanine will serve as a separate bedroom, where a staircase leads.
- Floorspace saving, and its fully effective usage.
- You may relax or work without disturbing other family members.
- High price for construction work and materials.
Re-design of the apartment is not a piece of cake. Before moving furniture or buying drywall boards, you need carefully think and choose the most suitable variant for your apartment and within your budget.
Thus, if you have any questions concerning the re-design of your apartment, feel free to contact us. Our team is here to make your home 100% functional, warm, quiet, and functional.