13 Practical tips to make a small bedroom look bigger
Interior design makes our life easier and more comfortable. With the help of the good design, you can solve many problems related to the size of the room and its functionality. In this article, you are going to read about simple solutions that will make your small bedroom look bigger. Thus, here is our list:
- Everybody knows that light and neutral color palette visually increases the size of the object, so use it to paint the walls in your bedroom. Additionally, cold shades always better suit the bedroom. Choose wallpapers with small prints and in plain colors. The same rule works for the textile. Avoid large prints. They will make your room look even smaller.
- It is not necessary to reconcile different types of flooring in a small space. Use the same type of flooring as in the rest of the apartment. This will create the illusion of having more space.
- Choose furniture in the light color palette. Most of it should be in the similar color as your walls. This will help to visually expand the space.
- There is no need to put king size bed into a small bedroom. It will just steal all the space in your room. You could always buy a smaller one. You should definitely decide on the bed with legs and remember to avoid high headboards.
- Pick the bedside tables and wardrobes on the legs. You can also fix the nightstands on the wall, leaving the space under them free.
- There is no need for the floor to ceiling wardrobe. If you are not sure about the right height of the wardrobe, choose the one of the same height as the door, and then you definitely won’t go far wrong.
- Use mirrors to expand space. Be careful with the frames. Choose the mirror without the massive frame for your small bedroom.
- Windows should be wide open, with no lush decor curtains. In case you don’t feel comfortable and safe without curtains, then use light net curtains or roller blinds.
- Remove all the flowers from the window sills, leaving only the tiny ones.
- Use more light. The more the better.
- More air – more space. Release the room from unnecessary furniture and interior décor objects.
- Use only the hanging and floating shelves.
- If you want to have a table in your bedroom, then use the transparent one.
We hope this article will help you to visually enlarge your bedroom. Want more practical tips on small spaces, read our next articles. If you have any questions, do not hesitate, just contact us. Our team will always find the best solution to make your home warm, quiet, comfortable and 100% functional.